Flip 'n Read: ABC Phonics Set A
Flip 'n Read: CVC Phonics Set A
How to Play:
1. Separate out 1 game. Shuffle.
2. Place cards down (Let's Go and 7 picture cards--picture UP)
3. Turn over Let’s Go.
4. Read the Sentence out loud.
5. Match the Card to the Correct Picture.
6. Turn over the card with the correct picture.
7. Read the sentence. Match to the correct picture.
8. Continue until WELL DONE! (if you reach WELL DONE before ALL cards have been turned over, you have made a mistake. Begin again.)
9. Don’t forget the double check. (look only at the picture and say the full sentence)
What’s GREAT about this game?
1. Children learn NEW vocabulary as they read.
2. Children read FULL SENTENCES.
3. It is LEVEL APPROPRIATE (words neither too hard/ too easy)
4. It’s self checking. If students get to WELL DONE before all cards are done—there’s been a mistake.
5. Pictures are Simple and Clear.
Flip 'n Read: CVC Phonics Set B and ALL SETS higher than this level