My English Book and Me 5
Blends and beyond
Converstation Cards: for EFL / ESL
* 12 Cards
* Students Read Out Loud and Fill in the Blanks about Themselves.
* Example Topics:
* About my house / apartment
* About my class / school
* About my hobbies
* About my family
1. In pairs or groups of 3.
2. Student A reads the first sentence out loud —- filling in the blank with his / her own information.
3. Student B reads the same sentence out loud —- filling in the blank with his / her own information.
4. Challenge: students read, remember, LOOK UP and SAY (not looking at the card as they say the once sentence)
5. Continue until ALL sentences are done.
6. Do the DOUBLE CHECK.
1. Student A reads the first sentence and fills in with Student B’s information. (ie—- NOT I live in a house. —— but Lisa lives in a house.)
2. Student B reads the first sentence and fills in with Student A’s information.
3. Challenge: students read, remember, LOOK UP and SAY (encourage eye contact)
4. The double check encourages students to LISTEN to each other. It is challenging.
These conversation cards complement the grammar, vocabulary and conversation learned in the My English Book and Me 5.: For Sale in Japan through ETJ Book Service or for download on the TpT website.
Of course, they can be use independently also.